Genin (下忍; Literally meaning "low ninja") is the lowest ninja rank but the second lowest rank (first being Academy Student). New Ninja Saga players can become a Genin after completing the Tutorial. The rank of Genin varies from level 1 to level 20.
In the iOS version of Ninja Saga, the rank of Genin became available in version 1.1.5 on July 20, 2011 and ranges between levels 1 through 60, but usually between 20 and 60.
- There are a variety of Daily Tasks available for Genin.
- Grade C Missions, Daily Missions (after reaching level 5), and Special Events are available to perform.
- Fight world bosses in the Hunting House up to level 20 after reaching the required level(s).
- Battle players in PvP in the Arena after reaching level 5.
- Buy weapons and items up to level 20.
- Learn skills up to level 20.
- Rank B missions are available.
- Rank B collectables can be obtained in missions.
- Fight Rank B world bosses in the Hunting House.
- Can take the Chunin Exam in the Kage Room after completing every Rank B missions at least once.
- Genin cannot do Grade B Missions, Grade A Missions, or TP Training.
- Genin cannot purchase Pets from the Pet Shop.
- Genin cannot learn Talents.
- Genin can no longer earn XP after reaching level 20.
- Cannot go on Rank A or Rank S missions.
- Cannot collect Rank A collectables.
- Cannot battle Rank A or Rank S world bosses.