- "Ryu sensei has hanami items for his top students! Show him what you got and get his approval!" —Ryu's description as a Hanami World Boss
He was also a special boss in the Hanami 2011 event and his level was the same as the character's level.
- Level 60 - The Force Of Yami (mentioned)
- Level 5 - Get Ready for PvP (one of the first appearances)
- Level 5 - Suspicious Ninja (one of the first appearances)
- Level 10 - Practice: Wind Genin
- Level 15 - Practice: Water Genin
- Level 18 - Practice: Soil Genin
- Level 25 - Practice: Lightning Chunin
- Level 30 - Practice: Earth Chunin
- Level 5+ Rank S world boss
1,000 XP, 1,000 Gold
- Four random Hanami items of certain amount each.
- Thousand Violence Strike: Deals damage and inflict Stun for 5 turns.
- Hundred Break: Deals damage and inflict Stun for 3-4 turns.
- Dynamic Kick: Deals damage.
- Normal Attack: Deals damage.
- Eight Gate! Opening!: Casts Eight Extremities for 8 turns.
- Dragon Bullet: Deals damage and inflict Fear (Weaken) for 3-4 turns.
- Shadow Combat Strike: Deals damage and inflict Disperse.
- Ryu's hairstyle and eyepatch could be similar to Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach.
- He is based on Might Guy in Naruto.
- The meaning of his name is "Dragon".